The Olympic Games is certainly inspring many people to…spend hours in front of the TV!
But on a more serious note; what are the ‘biggest’ risks to the LOCOG, UK PLC and HMG? Because they are intrinsically linked.
Imagine that LOCOG, The International Olympic Committee, G4S, HMG, members of our brave Armed Forces, Transport for London, the Metropolitan Police, the Office of the Mayor, Network Rail, and the worlds media are all part of the same organisation – perhaps the different sectors and units that make up your organisation.
How do the risks from each seemingly separate division affect the others? What happens to the risks ‘owned’ by one unit when those from another are changing – perhaps with likelihoods changing too? How do you know – how do they know? What do you do about it?
What are the really ‘big’ risks? Are they the ‘big hitters’ or the spectacular events that our brave boys and girls from the Armed Forces are mitigating against so successfully? I doubt it very much – not only because of the professionalism and vgiliance of the Armed Forces; but because of ‘sods law’!
What will be the full impact of the tragic death of the cyclist that was killed by a coach driver so near to the Olympic Park?
How would your organisation deal with an errant ‘contractor’ that overstepped the mark in the ‘heat of the moment’ (sorry, India)?
Are you confident that you know ALL of your risks – moreover do you know how they change and are changed by ever-shifting sands?
Just a thought…
- New Reaper IoT Botnet Leaves 378 Million IoT Devices Potentially Vulnerable to Hacking - October 30, 2017
- Boost for electric and driverless car industry as government drives forward green transport revolution - October 27, 2017
- Industry-led review details plans to supercharge UK AI industry - October 25, 2017
- Are these the worlds ugliest football kits? - October 23, 2017
- F-35 jet cleared for Carrier take-off - October 20, 2017
- Microsoft and GE sign agreement on new wind energy project in Ireland - October 18, 2017
- New £48 billion funding for UK’s railways - October 16, 2017
- Dark Web Ransomware Economy Growing at an Annual Rate of 2,500% - October 13, 2017
- Most IT professionals not confident in their company’s ability to prevent data breaches - October 4, 2017
- Top British companies seek cyber solutions from Israel in battle against hackers - September 13, 2017