Stolen from the lips of dinosaurs
Throughout our career and in fact in our daily lives, Safety Professionals hear things that make them shiver to the bone!
Things you really DO NOT want to hear in your organisation:
- They must be safe – they haven’t crashed!
- Why are we trying to change something that isn’t broken?
- But we’ve always done it like that.
- Look son, never mind all that stuff – I’ll show you how it’s really done…
- Don’t you think this safety nonsense is a bit over the top?
- Why would we want to supervise or check – we train our guys properly and trust them?
- Sometimes you just have to cut corners…
- What do you need that book for – can’t you remember how to do it?
How many others have you heard? Remember; safety is always too much – until it’s not enough.
- Diesel Mis-information Confusing Consumers and Costing Billions - June 21, 2017
- Rising inflation a ‘cause for concern’ for freelancers - June 16, 2017
- Recruiters urged to check suppliers in wake of £45m fraud case - June 14, 2017
- Artificial Intelligence moves up small and medium sized legal firms’ agendas - June 9, 2017
- Increase in the numbers of IT security vacancies reported in wake of cyber attacks - June 7, 2017
- The Changing Face of the Global Maritime Industry - June 5, 2017
- Internet of Things Security – are you failing to prepare? - May 31, 2017
- Employers ignore rise of gig-economy at their risk - May 26, 2017
- Aluminium set to make a charge on battery technology - May 24, 2017
- Artificial Intelligence will enhance talent acquisition - May 22, 2017