Stolen from the lips of dinosaurs
Throughout our career and in fact in our daily lives, Safety Professionals hear things that make them shiver to the bone!
Things you really DO NOT want to hear in your organisation:
- They must be safe – they haven’t crashed!
- Why are we trying to change something that isn’t broken?
- But we’ve always done it like that.
- Look son, never mind all that stuff – I’ll show you how it’s really done…
- Don’t you think this safety nonsense is a bit over the top?
- Why would we want to supervise or check – we train our guys properly and trust them?
- Sometimes you just have to cut corners…
- What do you need that book for – can’t you remember how to do it?
How many others have you heard? Remember; safety is always too much – until it’s not enough.
- IR35 and Off Payroll in the Public Sector - March 24, 2017
- Build of UK’s First New Grid-Scale Electricity Storage Facility To Begin As Early As Next Year - March 22, 2017
- New study reveals global organisations are gambling their business future on poor code - March 20, 2017
- Huge response to join cyber security apprenticeship scheme - March 17, 2017
- Freelancers form a cornerstone of the future workplace - March 15, 2017
- £17 million boost for the UK’s booming artificial intelligence sector - March 13, 2017
- Budget Response – APSCo - March 9, 2017
- Sports stars who made risky career moves - March 8, 2017
- Defence Secretary confirms £1.7bn investment in Scottish military bases - March 3, 2017
- A Legal Perspective on the Government’s Brexit White Paper - March 1, 2017