Stolen from the lips of dinosaurs
Throughout our career and in fact in our daily lives, Safety Professionals hear things that make them shiver to the bone!
Things you really DO NOT want to hear in your organisation:
- They must be safe – they haven’t crashed!
- Why are we trying to change something that isn’t broken?
- But we’ve always done it like that.
- Look son, never mind all that stuff – I’ll show you how it’s really done…
- Don’t you think this safety nonsense is a bit over the top?
- Why would we want to supervise or check – we train our guys properly and trust them?
- Sometimes you just have to cut corners…
- What do you need that book for – can’t you remember how to do it?
How many others have you heard? Remember; safety is always too much – until it’s not enough.
- New squad formed to tackle drone threat to prisons - April 26, 2017
- International Data Scientist jobs soar by 57% in a year - April 24, 2017
- Almost half of UK firms hit by cyber breach or attack in the past year - April 21, 2017
- Over £109 million of funding for driverless and low carbon projects - April 19, 2017
- Is HMRC promoting tax avoidance for 29% of contractors who use its IR35 status tool? - April 17, 2017
- Apprenticeship levy: how to avoid getting ripped off - April 14, 2017
- Angry Brits reach boiling point 20 times a month - April 12, 2017
- Locum doctors need 50% pay rise to take home the same earnings as IR35 reforms take effect - April 10, 2017
- José was right – he is the unluckiest Football Manager in the English Premier League - April 7, 2017
- Women better suited to leadership in almost all areas, says research - April 5, 2017