While there is consistency among which languages are the most popular across the enterprise developer landscape, there are certain languages which are particularly dominant among specific audiences—based on region, company size, and more.
To learn more, read the full report here.
…but what about safety-critical applications? Java without subset is not a preferred language in open standards such as IEC 61508 – so how do we continue to use the ‘agile developers language of choice in safety-critical systems. Bring ‘back’ Ada…?
What is your favourite language – and does it pass the safety test? Let everyone know in the comments section below.
- Artificial Intelligence to help save lives at five new technology centres - November 7, 2018
- UK Hydrographic Office contributes to autonomous navigation study - November 5, 2018
- Up to £50 million to develop world leading AI talent in the UK - November 2, 2018
- High Integrity Software Conference reaches out to budding developers in its fifth year - October 16, 2018
- IR35: APSCo urges HMT to delay roll-out - October 12, 2018
- CIOs Struggle to Understand Legacy Architecture, Reduce Software Maintenance and Fix Costs - October 10, 2018
- Doing Our Bit to Reduce Demand on Single Use Plastics - October 3, 2018
- The Furious Engineer revealed as kit sponsors of North Hykeham Junior RFC - October 1, 2018
- Worms in space: The Molecular Muscle Experiment - September 12, 2018
- New Report Details Most Universities Too Slow to Respond to Cyber Threats - September 11, 2018