While there is consistency among which languages are the most popular across the enterprise developer landscape, there are certain languages which are particularly dominant among specific audiences—based on region, company size, and more.
To learn more, read the full report here.
…but what about safety-critical applications? Java without subset is not a preferred language in open standards such as IEC 61508 – so how do we continue to use the ‘agile developers language of choice in safety-critical systems. Bring ‘back’ Ada…?
What is your favourite language – and does it pass the safety test? Let everyone know in the comments section below.
- Worms in space: The Molecular Muscle Experiment - September 12, 2018
- New Report Details Most Universities Too Slow to Respond to Cyber Threats - September 11, 2018
- Innovators challenged to use artificial intelligence to boost aircraft performance - September 10, 2018
- The Unwanted Visitors You’re Letting Into Your Home: How Second-hand Smart Home Technology is Compromising Your Safety - September 3, 2018
- Space sector to benefit from multi-million pound work on UK alternative to Galileo - August 31, 2018
- UK universities recognised for excellence in cyber security research - August 30, 2018
- The Technology Helping to Keep Roads Safer - July 30, 2018
- APSCo responds to Office of Tax Simplification recommendations for the gig economy - July 25, 2018
- Mind the skills-gap after Artificial Intelligence - July 23, 2018