Data reveals scale of contractor demand in Spain following economic expansion
A period of unprecedented economic growth has caused a spike in contractor demand in Spain, according to statistics from the leading supplier of international contractor management solutions, 6CATS International.
The organisation’s most recent data shows that the country has seen a 154% year-on-year increase in contractor numbers in July 2018. Of this number, 51% are EU nationals who have moved to the destination seeking work opportunities.
This demand comes at a time of extensive economic expansion in the country, with the IMF and OECD forecasting 2.8% growth in GDP for 2018.
Michelle Reilly, CEO of 6CATS International, commented on these statistics:
“The Spanish economy is certainly booming following several uncertain years. The fact that the country experienced the greatest growth of all the advanced economies in 2017 and looks set to continue with such a positive outlook, means that specialist professionals are highly sought after to support and drive further success. While 48% of the contractors operating in the country are Spanish nationals, there’s clearly a reliance on foreign contract experts to fill demand across sectors including Marketing, Technical & Engineering, Pharmaceutical, IT, Energy and Oil & Gas.
“However, while there’s clearly a wealth of opportunities for contract work in Spain, remaining compliant while operating in the country can be challenging, particularly given the need to register for multiple documents such as a Numero De Identificacion de Extranjeros or ‘NIE’ number. With a global clampdown on tax fraud, ensuring all parties involved in a contract placement are compliant with local legislation is now arguably more critical than it has ever been.”
- High Integrity Software Conference reaches out to budding developers in its fifth year - October 16, 2018
- IR35: APSCo urges HMT to delay roll-out - October 12, 2018
- CIOs Struggle to Understand Legacy Architecture, Reduce Software Maintenance and Fix Costs - October 10, 2018
- Doing Our Bit to Reduce Demand on Single Use Plastics - October 3, 2018
- The Furious Engineer revealed as kit sponsors of North Hykeham Junior RFC - October 1, 2018
- Worms in space: The Molecular Muscle Experiment - September 12, 2018
- New Report Details Most Universities Too Slow to Respond to Cyber Threats - September 11, 2018
- Innovators challenged to use artificial intelligence to boost aircraft performance - September 10, 2018
- The Unwanted Visitors You’re Letting Into Your Home: How Second-hand Smart Home Technology is Compromising Your Safety - September 3, 2018
- Space sector to benefit from multi-million pound work on UK alternative to Galileo - August 31, 2018