Oxjam Lincoln: Oxjam Cabaret
Oxjam Lincoln 2016 returns for the team’s third consecutive year fundraising for Oxfam through multiple music events in the heart of Lincoln – the Oxjam Cabaret!
The team raised in excess of £1,800 last year through 12 music events during August – October and this success saw the team finish third place out of over 350 gig makers nationwide. This success shows the amount of work, energy and passion the small team of volunteers contribute but also the kindness and generosity of those who have attended their events.
Oxjam Lincoln 2016 focuses their efforts on 5 events this year, and this year marks the 10th year of Oxjam Music Festival. Their third event is Oxjam Cabaret which will take place on 30th September from 8pm, and this will be at Madame Waffle.
Oxjam Coordinator Oxjam Ann explains the event:
“We are absolutely delighted to be working with Madame Waffle, who share the passion of local music and culture and host a variety of events but are also enthusiastic about what we do and happy to try things, so it was fantastic when they said we could run our event with them. Oxjam Cabaret is an exciting event that ties acoustic music, spoken word and comedy; it will be a very intimate event so we do advise people come early to get the best seats in the house.”
This event will see acoustic performances from Alex Eardley-Scott, Dan Willcocks and Daniel Came, alongside several spoken word performances from members of local collective Mouth Piece Poets and comedy chuckles from Kevin Matthews, Gina Overton and Stevie Gray who will be the evening’s compere.
The event will run from 8pm, with food on sale until 9pm so a perfect way to sample and get your waffle on! There will be a raffle during the event with all funds going towards Oxfam; all donations are gratefully welcome as with every £1 donated – 84p directly goes into Oxfam’s emergency aid and campaign work by Oxfam. Further details about Oxjam Cabaret can be found on their Facebook page, search for Oxjam Lincoln 2016.
The remaining events for 2016 cover the official Oxjam Weekend where there will be national events taking place during 15th-16th October, and Oxjam Lincoln will be part of this with ‘GIRL POWER! Sing Out Sisters!’ at The Scene on 14th October and ‘Roar Liquor 2’ at Liquor on 15th October.
This year to reflect Oxfam’s campaign work, the team are emphasising and raising the awareness of Girl Power and equality for all with their all girl gig on the 14th October and this event will take place at The Scene.
Oxjam Ann, the coordinator for Oxjam Lincoln explains:
“The idea of ‘GIRL POWER! Sing Out Sisters!’ began as a cheeky wink to the anniversary of the Spice Girls this year, but everyone knows the story of Malala Yousafzai and her influence to empower other women to stand up for their rights and equality. The work of Oxfam is to make sure women have the chance to learn or build their skills to start their own businesses in order to provide for their family and better themselves.”
If you are interested in finding out more about Oxjam please head to their Facebook page Oxjam Lincoln 2016 or email email@example.com
- New squad formed to tackle drone threat to prisons - April 26, 2017
- International Data Scientist jobs soar by 57% in a year - April 24, 2017
- Almost half of UK firms hit by cyber breach or attack in the past year - April 21, 2017
- Over £109 million of funding for driverless and low carbon projects - April 19, 2017
- Is HMRC promoting tax avoidance for 29% of contractors who use its IR35 status tool? - April 17, 2017
- Apprenticeship levy: how to avoid getting ripped off - April 14, 2017
- Angry Brits reach boiling point 20 times a month - April 12, 2017
- Locum doctors need 50% pay rise to take home the same earnings as IR35 reforms take effect - April 10, 2017
- José was right – he is the unluckiest Football Manager in the English Premier League - April 7, 2017
- Women better suited to leadership in almost all areas, says research - April 5, 2017