Mind the skills-gap after Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence (AI) will create as many jobs in the UK as it will displace over the next 20 years, according to a report by PwC .
Their analysis showed that the fourth industrial revolution will favour those with strong digital skills, as well as capabilities like creativity and teamwork which machines find difficult to replicate.
However, there is a large supply gap, with 63 percent of CEOs worried about the lack of talent to stay competitive in the digital age.
As firms compete for digital superiority, they must take a grass-roots approach to understanding the skills gap in the existing teams, according to Farida Gibbs, CEO and founder of professional services firm, Gibbs Hybrid.
“As the demand for people with digital skills increases, many firms make the mistake of hiring IT experts without first understanding what they need for tech advancement.“With so much technology out there, it is difficult for firms navigating change to cut through the noise. Having access to ‘ready-made’ digital teams as needed allows firms to tap into the right expertise. It’s almost like having a menu where they can pick and choose a PROJECT team which will be best able to cater to their specific business requirements.45% of IT projects go over budget. Having these agile teams will allow firms to deliver successful outcomes when it comes to driving innovation their business. Firms can stay competitive and keep up with the digital age, taking advantage of on-demand digital teams to cut costs, mitigate risk and accelerate change.”
- The Technology Helping to Keep Roads Safer - July 30, 2018
- APSCo responds to Office of Tax Simplification recommendations for the gig economy - July 25, 2018
- Mind the skills-gap after Artificial Intelligence - July 23, 2018
- Lift off for electric planes – new funding for green revolution in UK civil aerospace - July 20, 2018
- Data reveals scale of contractor demand in Spain following economic expansion - July 18, 2018
- PM hails biggest Naval defence contract for a decade - July 2, 2018
- Major new funding to attract world’s best in science and innovation - June 25, 2018
- Green light for ultra-fast electric car charging innovation - June 22, 2018
- Software Intelligence Report: Legacy and Agile Threaten Digital Transformation Success - June 21, 2018
- Multi-million pound investment for the latest aerospace manufacturing and engine technology - May 23, 2018